Now is the time for spring onions. I love the sweet and mild taste of spring onions. They are perfect to eat raw in salad, salad, salsa, or in a homemade dressing since they have the nice onion flavor but with much less kick.
Today, I am introducing Japanese style onion dressing using the milder spring onion. This dressing has a really deep flavor and it is so delicious to eat with salad. I suggest pouring a generous amount of this dressing over your spring vegetable salad and just eat away. For the spring vegetable salad, you can use lightly cooked asparagus, peas, fiddlehead ferns, and a leafy spring salad mix. Add a poached egg on top of the salad to give it more flavor, substance and color.
Enjoy your spring plate with my Japanese style spring onion dressing!
Japanese Style Spring Onion Dressing
· 1 spring onion (about 100g)
· 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
· 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
· 2 tablespoon of rice vinegar
· 2 tablespoon of good quality extra virgin olive oil
1. Grind the spring onion.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until blended well.
3. You can eat immediately but it will taste better if you let it rest for a couple of hours. Cover the leftovers with wrap and put it in your fridge. It will taste even better the next day. How to make poached egg, check my blog .