Did you know the leaves on the daikon radish are eatable? Don't let it go to waste! Here is a recipe you can enjoy by it self or over plain rice!
Sautéed Daikon Leaves
· 250g of daikon radish leaves (1 daikon radish worth of leaves)
· 20g of Shirasu (dried baby anchovy)
· 1 tablespoon of white toasted sesame
· 2 to 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
· 2 to 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
· 2 to 3 tablespoons of Japanese sake
· 1 tablespoon of Mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
· optional: rice
1. Wash the daikon radish leaves well and chop finely.
2. Heat up a pan with sesame oil. Cook the chopped daikon radish leaves over medium heat. Add more sesame oil if necessary.
3. Once the leaves are cooked and the color of the leaves changes, add Shirasu (dried baby anchovy).
4. Add soy sauce, Japansese sake, Mirin, and white toasted sesame and simmer until the liquid completely evaporates.
5. Top it over rice and serve.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!