Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Fig Clafoutis

Figs are one of my favorite fruit. I love the texture. During fig season, July through September, I make sure I buy enough figs to make, dry figs, fig jam, and this delicious fig clafoutis.


Fig Clafoutis

·      10-15 ripe figs, sliced
·      3 whole eggs
·      2/3 cups of granulated sugar
·      1 and ¼ cup of whole milk
·      ½ cup of pastry flour
·      1/8 teaspoon of salt
·      1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
·      unsalted butter
·      extra flour
·      powdered sugar

1.     Preheat the oven 350F°.
2.     Mix the eggs and sugar in a bowl until it’s smooth.


3.     Add salt and flour into the egg mixture.


4.     Add milk and vanilla extract and continue to stir well.


5.     Slice the figs.


6.     Butter the sides and bottom of an oven-safe pan or dish, lightly cover the surface with flour and place the sliced figs.


7.     Pour the custard mixture from step 4 in the dish.


8.     Bake the mixture in the pre-heated oven for 60 minutes.



9.     Once the clafoutis cools down, lightly powder the surface with powdered sugar. Serve warm or cold. It will be delicious either way!



Here is the blubbery version from my previous post! Same concept, just different fruit. Click on the link below:


This is my cherry version of clafoutis. Here I used 280g of frozen cherries, but you could double the amount of cherries if you like.


I also made raspberry clafoutis using frozen raspberries.


No comments:

Post a Comment