Have you tried making lobster rolls at home? Stuffing your very own lobster roll can’t go wrong! You will have the advantage of stuffing lobsters as much as you want! Keep an eye on prices for lobsters as they go on sale sometimes. Also, many places will steam the lobsters for you at the time of purchase.
New England Lobster Roll
(serves 4 to 6 people)
· 2-3 steamed lobsters (depending on the size)
· 1 celery, minced
· 1 scallion, minced
· 4 to 6 pieces of fresh lettuce
· Some Italian parsley, minced
· ¼ cup or 60cc of mayonnaise (Japanese mayo works the best but if you are using the American kind, add a little bit of squeezed lemon juice)
· 4-6 New England style hot dog buns
· salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Remove the lobster meat from the shell.
2. Cut the cooked lobster pieces into 1.5cm to 2cm pieces.
3. Dress the lobster meat with celery, scallion, Italian parsley and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the butter on the buns and use a grill pan to grill. Make sure to grill until the surface is crispy.
5. Assemble your lobster roll by placing one piece of fresh lettuce in a bun and top it off with the lobster salad from step 3.
6. Serve with fries, sweet potatoes, or onion rings.
★If you are interested in Japanese cuisine then check out my other articles in the Washoku.Guide!