For those that have not tried baking in a Bundt pan here is a good recipe to start with. The ring-shaped Bundt pan distributes the heat evenly through the cake and gives a more refined finish on the surface of the cake, which is why Bundt pans have such interesting and fun designs.
This apple cake is full of flavor and moisture. It can be served as either a dessert or for breakfast with milk or coffee.
Bundt Apple Cake(using 24 to 26cm diameter bundt pan)
- 6 whole apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 and ¾ cup or 450g all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup or 240cc vegetable oil
- 1 & ½ cups or 300g granulated sugar (or 250g if you like it to be less sweet)
- ¼ cup or 60cc orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 whole eggs
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F or 180°C. Remove the core from the apple, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle cinnamon and 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar on top of the apples.
2. In a clean dry bowl, sift the flour and mix well with the baking powder and salt.
3. In a different bowl, combine vegetable oil, orange juice, granulated sugar and vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and add the egg one by one and mix well into a smooth batter.
5. Oil the Bundt pan and pour half of the batter into the pan. On top of the batter, gently place ½ the apples, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
6. Pour the rest of the batter over the apples in the Bundt pan and gently place the rest of the apples on top of the cake.
7. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 1 and a half hours. The cake is ready when you pierce the cake with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
*Remove the cake from the pan while it’s hot- it’s easier. You can carefully drop the pan onto a cutting board placed on the counter from a height of about 5 inches. This will help the cake drop out of the pan.